- 18/02/15 1470 Guillemots on ledges (highest February count). 23 Kittiwakes on land (first of the season)
- 12/02/15 263 Guillemots on ledges, Kittiwakes circling close to land.
- 08/02/15 910 Guillemots on ledges, at least 78 Razorbills on land.
- 27/01/15 1235 Guillemots on ledges, at least 7 Razorbills on land.
- 18/01/15 1159 Guillemots on ledges, probably first Razorbill on land this season.
- 11/01/15 no count of Guillemots on ledges, adult Kittiwakes flying past Devil's Kitchen
- 30/12/14 1145 Guillemots on ledges, 40 minutes video F4 provisioning ledge.
- 21/12/14 903 Guillemots on ledges
- 16/12/14 442+ Guillemots on ledges, (only Jenny's Cove counted), 15 minutes video.
About this page...
This page is run by volunteer contributors as a source of news for everyone interested in the birds of Lundy, in the Bristol Channel, UK.
If you have news to report, please consider signing up as a contributor or send in your sightings here.
See also the companion website The Birds of Lundy for comprehensive updates to the 2007 book of the same name.
Bird recording and ringing on Lundy are coordinated by the Lundy Field Society and general information about visiting the island can be found here.
Saturday, 21 February 2015
21/02/15 More seabird updates...
I've just looked at this blog and realised that I haven't updated for a while. Here are the highlights...